Additions and alterations for an 800-student school in a 1921 historic building. The entire existing school was renovated along with additions of six classrooms, a gymnasium, and lobby entrance. The existing site was enlarged by purchase of three adjacent lots to allow for the expansion of parking lots and new playground. The existing historic auditorium was restored and a new library / media center and cafeteria/kitchen were created by enclosing two previously exterior courtyards with skylights. The resulting spaces are dramatic two story volumes filled with natural light. This approach allowed the district to create new additional classroom space, space vacated by the former library and cafeteria functions, while not adversely impacting the amount of natural light in the spaces surrounding the courtyards.
The project construction cost was $9,400,000.View All K-12 Projects »